(2) including our programs, and,
(3) any services, content, and features made available by us through the Website or the Programs (together with the Website and the Programs, the “Services”).
Types Of Information We Collect
Information You Provide To Us
In general, you may visit the Website without telling us who you are or sharing any Personal Data with us.
When you register for an account for the Services (an “Account”), use other aspects of the Services, or communicate with us for customer service or technical support for the Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number, date of birth and gender.
You may decline to provide Personal Data to us, but, if you do so, certain Services, or features of certain Services, may not be available to you. For example, we sometimes request certain Personal Data to determine whether you are eligible for Services targeted toward particular populations, such as a program to promote mentoring of an individual or a staff of a corporation.
You may also have the opportunity to voluntarily provide additional Personal Data to us, such as information pertaining to your educational background or personal and professional goals, or other biographical information, which may or may not be associated with your Account.
Information Collected From Devices
When you access the Services using a computer or mobile device, including a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, smartwatch or other consumer electronic device (each, a “Device”), we may collect information from your Device, such as your Device type and manufacturer, your mobile carrier, your device software version, your Device identifiers, your mobile phone number, your IP address, your browser type, your network connection type, information about the webpage that referred you to the Website or that you visited prior to the Website, and your behavior and activity on the Website. Your behavior and activity on the Website may include the amount of time you spend using the Services and your login and log out times.
Information Collected From Cookies And Similar Technologies
The Cookies we use in connection with the Services may include the following:
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that expire and are automatically erased when you close your browser window. We may use session Cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions that require you to be logged into your Account to perform.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies are Cookies that usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Services. For example, we may use a persistent Cookie to associate you with your Account or to remember your choices for the Services.
Unless you set your browser settings to refuse all Cookies, our system may issue Cookies when you access or use the Services. If you set your browser settings to refuse all Cookies, the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all.
In some of our email messages to you, we may use “click-through URLs” linked to content on the Website. We track click-through data to help us understand and analyze interest in topics and use of the Services.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
Information Collected From Third Parties
We also collect Personal Data about you from other companies. For instance, we may receive Personal Data about you from educational institutions, nominating partners, and third-party service providers.
How We Use Information
- provide the Services and notices related thereto
- analyze, improve, and customize the Services
- provide customer and technical support for the Services
- send you announcements, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information about the Services and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- detect, prevent, and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving the Services
- collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with the Services
We may use Personal Data in other ways that we expressly disclose at the time you provide it.
We do not use your Personal Data to make automated decisions about you without any human input. In we ever begin to do so, if and as applicable, and to the extent required by applicable law, we will endeavor to implement suitable safeguards, including, for example, an opportunity for you to request human intervention, express your point of view, contest any decisions made, and request that we restrict the use of your personal data for the purposes of these automated decisions.